10 Top Cryptocurrency Companies To Watch In 2023
Investing in cryptocurrency can be thrilling and scary at the same time. It’s a high-risk investment because the crypto market is volatile, with prices fluctuating sharply. It’s vital to choose the top cryptocurrency companies for investing.
Here’s a list of the most popular crypto companies in 2023:
- Binance Holdings Ltd.: This crypto company is popularly called Binance and runs the largest exchange in daily trading volumes. It was launched in 2017 by developer Changpeng Zhao, who had made high-frequency trading software. Binance cryptoexchange is rated highly and caters to a large clientele.
- Gemini Trust Company LLC: This US crypto company is an exchange cum custodian allowing customers to sell and buy, and store digital assets. Founded in 2014, Gemini was the brainchild of the Winklevoss twins. It is operational in the US, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea and has emerged as a reliable and trustworthy custodian service.
- Bitstamp: This European crypto company was launched in 2011 and continues to be the longest-running exchange to date. Bitstamp facilitates trades between Bitcoin and fiat currencies, like EUR, and USD, and between Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies like Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Ripple, and USD Coin.
- Grayscale: Founded in 2013, this digital currency investment company is a subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group. It is known for managing the GBTC or Grayscale Bitcoin Management Trust. It is the first public Bitcoin investment vehicle that attained SEC reporting company status.
- Blockstream: It builds blockchain technology and Bitcoin to lessen friction in financial markets. It focuses on eliminating trust. Blockstream works with companies to create blockchain products, ranging from crypto wallets to financing tools and enterprise-level settlement networks.
- Kraken: It’s a US-based cryptoexchange launched in 2011 and was one of the first exchanges to find a place on the Bloomberg Terminal. Its value is at almost $10.8 billion as of 2022. This well-established exchange enables buying, trading, and selling many cryptocurrencies against traditional fiat currencies, like USD, GBP, and CAD. Kraken has the reputation of being a secure and trusted exchange that was the first to pass a verifiable proof-of-reserves audit.
- BitPay: BitPay was formed in May 2011 for organizations and institutions that needed Bitcoin payment solutions. BitPay has also introduced a Bitcoin wallet Copa having high-end industrial-grade security. This Bitcoin payment service provider has headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Huobi: China-based Huobi Global provides trading tools for crypto investors, like wallet, global exchange, and storage mechanisms. It’s a Seychelles-based cryptoexchange with offices in Japan, the US, Hong Kong, and South Korea. This company has funded 60 and more businesses and offered compliance solutions to companies worldwide.
- Robinhood Markets, Inc: It’s a US-based financial company headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It enables commission-free trading of stocks, cryptocurrencies, exchange-traded funds, and retirement accounts.
- Coinbase Global, Inc: This company is a US-based publicly traded firm operating a cryptoexchange. It’s popularly called Coinbase and runs the largest cryptoexchange in the US in trade volumes. It aims to create a crypto economy that is accessible, fair, and transparent. The company originated to make it easy for people anywhere to send and receive Bitcoin worldwide. This platform enables consumers, merchants, and traders to make digital transactions seamlessly.
These 10 crypto companies are among the leading businesses that have introduced exchanges and platforms for investors and traders in the crypto space.